Thursday, November 20, 2008

Theme

At first, I thought theme was the lesson the author was giving the reader, but I learned that this was wrong. Actually, theme is a central idea or insight about life and human nature that gives a story meaning. Some themes are universal, which means that they are commonly found in the literature of all cultures and ages. Themes are can be found in all genres of literature; the five main genres of literature are nonfiction, fiction, poetry, drama, and myth. Since I now understand theme, I can find the theme of my favorite movie. My favorite movie is Camp Rock. The theme of this movie is that people, especially teens, hide who they really are and are insecure about themselves when they should be happy about whom they really are. On my theme pretest, I was at grade-level. On my posttest, I hope that I will be above or at grade-level.

No comments: